A:circular, circulate, circuit
1. These were only bills and __ in the post this morning.
2. A break in the __ had caused the lights to go out.
3. The news of the enemy's defeat quickly__round the town.
B:bump, dump, hump, lump, pump
1. Some people just__their rubbish in the river.
2. A__on the head made her feel faint.
3. The cost of these two trips can be __ together for tax purposes.
4. The function of the heart is to __ blood through the body.
5. I've been ___ furniture around all day.
C:reconcile, council, counsel
1. The judge asked __ for the defence to explain.
2. You must __ yourself to such terrible conditions.
3. The townsfolk don't see it this way and local __ does not contribute directly to the subsidy of the Royal
D: campaign, champagne, champion
1. We have planned an exciting publicity__with our advertisers.
2. He is the tennis __ of our town.
3. We always celebrate our wedding anniversary with a bottle of __.
E:occasion, opportunity, chance
1. Society has to give prisoners a second __ when they come out of iail.
2. He lives in the country,though he visits the city on __.
3. This is a good __ for them to improve their performance under the guidance of the professional coach.
1. Laughter does produce short-term changes in the function of the heart and its blood vessels, __ heart rate andoxygen consumption. [2011 考研完形]
2. Instead of casting a wistful glance__ at all the specieswe've left in the dust I. Q,-wise, it implicitly asks what thereal costs of our own intelligence might be. [2009 考研完形]
3. This group generally do well in IQ test, scoring 12- 15points above the mean value of 100, and have contributeddisproportionately to the intellectual and cultural life of theWest, as the__ of their elites, including several world-renowned scientists, affirm. [2008考研完形]
4. They also suffer more often than most people from a numberof nasty genetic diseases, such as breast cancer. Thesefacts, however, have previously been thought unrelated.The former has been __ to social effects, such as astrong tradition of valuing education.